Best Health Benefits of Kalongi Seeds (Nigella Seeds)
Kalongi Seeds are really good for health and prevents many diseases. Can be eaten raw and or mix them with honey or water.
Kalongi Seeds or black onion seeds have their scientific name as Nigelle Sativa & family Ranunculaceae, native to South & South-West Asia. Plant is also known as Fennel Flower Plant.
Uses of Kalongi Seeds - Used as flavory spices. It also has medicinal uses like natural remedy for bronchitis & Diarrhoea.
Benefits of Kalongi Seeds
- Antioxidant - It neutralizes harmful free radicals & prevents oxidative damage to cells. Prevent against several types of chronic conditions including cancer, diabetes, heart disease & obesity.
- May Lower cholesterol, both total and bad LDL cholesterol, also blood triglycerides.
- It has Caner fighting properties - It helps neutralize harmful free radicals. It helps fight against various cancer diseases like - blood cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, cervical, prostate, skin & colon cancer. Also effective fighting against pancreatic diseases.
- Can kill off bacteria - Bacteria responsible for infections in the ear and lungs causing pneumonia.
- It may help alleviate inflammation.
- Kalongi Seeds help protect the liver against injury and damage.
- Can aid in blood sugar regulation - Kalongi seeds helps keep blood sugar steady and thus prevent dangerous side effects.
- May help prevent stomach ulcers.
Easy to add into your routine
It is usually toasted and then ground, used whole to add flavour to bread or curries.
Eat the seeds raw or mix them with honey or water. Also added to oatmeal, smoothies or yoghurt.
Kalongi Oil - Natural remedy said to increase hair growth. Also helps reduce inflammation and treat skin conditions.
Tips : To black your white hair naturally by applying Kalongi Oil on your scalp and massage it thoroughly. Keep it for few hours and rinse with ayurvedic shampoo twice as week could bring in remarkable result. It will also strengthen and bring in shine to your hair naturally.
How to prepare Kalongi Oil -
Mix 4 tablespoons of Kalongi powder in 1/2 litre coconut oil and keep it in sunlight for few days. And let the powder infuse completely.