Benefits of Anjeer (Figs):
- Figs helps Prevent constipation.
- Figs are good source of Potassium that helps regulate blood pressure.
- Helps gain weight, best when soaked overnight.
- Strengthens bone and provide energy.
- Helps in prevention of veneral diseases.
- Figs gives a boost to antioxidant in our diet.
- Figs are low in fat, high in fibre and helps in weight loss.
- Figs are good for people having diabeties.
Figs are also known as Ficus Carica - an asian species of mulberry family. Found in Morocco, Turkey, Greece, France. It is a mediteranian fruit, Turkish figs are very rich in quality and also good for health.
Turkish Figs are sweet in flavor, amix of apples and pears. Today 60 - 70% of the worlds dried figs are prodced and exported from Turkey.
Benefits of Dates (Khajoor):
- Dates prevents anemia and increases red blood cells.
- Dates are low in cholestrol and contain low fat hence reduces obesity.
- Beneficial for teeth and cavities and reduces tooth decay.
- It is rich in soluble fibre and reduces constipation.
- It boosts energy and help improves immune system.
- Dates contain magnesium, selenium, manganese and boosts heart health.
Phoenix dactylifera is binomial name, belongs to palm family Arecaceae. It has high energy value of 282 kcal. rich in carbohydrate, dietary fibres, protien, vitamins like - A, B, C, E, K, calcium, Iron, mg, k, Na, and zinc.
Allah instructs Mariyam to eat dates when she gives birth to ISA (Jesus Christ). Therefore recommended to pregnant ladies.
AJWAH is one of the finest dates. Dates, youghurt or milk are tradionally first foods consumed for IFTAR during Ramadan.
Egypt is the biggest date producer, followed by Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Date syrup is famous in Iraq.
Benefits of Almonds (Badam):
- Increases brain capacity, intellactual ability, longevity.
- Helps prevent heart diseases and heart attack.
- Maintains skin health as it is a good source of vitamin E and antioxidants.
- Helps control blood sugar level and prevent diabetes.
- Increases digestive health as it contains probiotic components.
- It can help fight cancer and reduces inflamation.
- It maintains dental and bone health.
Scientifically named prunus dulcis belongs to amygdalus family. Tree native to Middle East, Indian sub-continent and North Africa. It contains important nutrients, vitamin E, B2, mg, mn, iron, dietary fibre, antioxidant and mono saturated fatty acids.
It is only nut that helps alkalize digestive tract by reducing acid build up & balancing PH. Increases nutrient absorption like vitamin A & D, helps in cholestrol synthesis and also increases bile production.
US California is the largest producer of almonds producing 80% of the world almonds.
Benefits of Walnuts (Akrot):
- Mind vitalizer and tonic hence resembles shape of a brain.
- Controls hair damage.
- It strengthens immune system of our body.
- It contains omega 3 fatty acids and controls blood pressure.
- Eczema and white spots are cured.
- Helps fights against cancer
- It also controls diabetes.
Scientific name is Juglans regia. Tree native to Central Asia extending from China to Kazakhstan and Turkey.
It contains vitamins - C, B6, B12, E, A, carotenoids, minerals, calcium, dietary fibres, saturated and unsaturated fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
It reduces bad cholestrol, improves metabolism and helps in weight management also it is a good mood booster.