Benefits of Raisins
Benefits of Raisins (Currants)
- Helps in treatment of anemia as it is rich in Vitamin B Complex.
- It cures fever, fighting viral and bacterial infections as it has germicidal, antibiotic and antioxidant properties.
- Provide releif from constipation and acidosis(toxicity of blood).
- Cure diabetes due to harmonal check ability and maintains diet.
- Power to reduce blood pressure and protect integrity of heart health.
- Positive impact on eye health due to presence of vitamin A.
- Helps prevents cancer formation as it has anitioxidants which controls free radicals.
- Cures sexual dysfunction, due to presence of Aginine, which increases sperm motility.
- Improves bone health due to large amount of calcium and boron content and reduces osteoporosis.
Scientifically it is known as Vitus Vinifera, L Var Apygena(black currant). Kind of variety Thompson seedless(Sultana) is cultivated in California USA, and it is largest producer of raisins in San Joaguin Valley.
It can be eaten raw, can be used in cooking, baking and brewing also. It is a healthy member of the Dry Fruit category used as tonics, snacks, energy boosters and food supplement.