Benefits of Green Tea
- Green Tea has abundant antioxidants as compared to fruits and veggies therefore recommended for weight loss.
- It inhibits growth of bacteria and virus which causes dental diseases, and fights bad breath.
- It contains tannins which lowers level of LDL and lowers cholestrol.
- It promotes healthier skin, reduces sunburn and slows down sign of ageing. Also treats minor rashes, cuts, blemishes and acne.
- It removes allergies by producing histamine and immunoglobulin which prevents atmospheric allergy.
- It stimulates hair growth by inhibiting DTH, which causes hairfall, also has antiseptic properties which cures dandruff. Also boost natural shine of the hair.
- Reduces risk of type2 diabetes, by inhibiting secretion of enzyme alpha glucosidase, which slows down glucose absorption in blood stream.
- Reduces the risk of skin cancer by inhibiting 2 proteins VEGF and HGF known to promote tumor cell growth.
- Relieves stress and depression, as it contains theanine, an amino acid which relieves anxiety.
- Boost the immune system by fighting against infections having antioxidants and flavonoids, also contains vitamin C.
- Prevents osteoporosis keeping bones healthy.
Excessive consumption is not advisable as it causes ACID Reflux.
Green Tea is healthier substitue to normal beverages like coffee and other types of tea, owing to its low caffeine content.
Tip: Green tea taken along with honey and lemon is real energy booster.