Health benefits of eating dark chocolate
Health benefits of eating dark chocolate rich in antioxidants and flavonoids.
Dark Chocolate is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, it is known for its anti-ageing propeties. Eating dark chocolate not only improves your mood but also gives you good health. It has many health benefits.
- Dark chocolate compound cacao contains flavonoid and resveratrol which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which protect our nerve cells from damage.
- Dark chocolate contains many antioxidants and polyphenol which keeps your heart, blood vessels, brain, nervous system healthy.
- As it has anti-inflammatory property helps fighting diabetes.
- Dark Chocolate helps stop accumulation of blood platelets and clotting in blood vessels, due to its biochemical effect, hence reduces the risk of heart attack.
- Similar to heart attack, prevents brain stroke by ensuring regular supply of blood to your brain.
- Good source of minerals including potassium, phosphorus, copper, iron, zinc, and magnesium.
- Helps control blood pressure, also increases blood vessel elasticity.
- Phenolics available in cocoa helps fight against diseases such as cancer.
- Cocoa found in chocolate increases blood flow to brain, hence leads to faster reaction time, better problem solving skills, and improved attention.
- Due to its anti-aging properties gives healthy and younger looking skin.
- Cocoa boosts levels of serotonin and endorphins in the brain which leads to improved mood. It is a "joy stimulant".
- Chocolate is a great source of magnesium which leads to better sleep and reduces stress hormones.