Custard apple(Sitaphal) is really good for health, custard apple is cool in nature and custard apples serve as a stimulant, coolant, expectorant and haematnic. This fruit seeds and skin are also beneficial. Custard apples, is also well known as 'sharifa' or 'Sitaphal' in hindi.
- It is good for eyes health, improves vision and saves from many other eye related diseases. It contains Vitamin A & C and raboflavin.
- Peel or a rind of custard apple is used for reducing toothache and gum pain. Its skin contains tenin, which is consumed for making medicines. It is good for oral health and helps prevent bad breathe and gum diseases
- It helps in gaining weight, for those who want to gain weight quickly can include Custard apple(Sitaphal) in their diets on a regular basis. It contains good amount of natural sugar which do not affects our body negatively.
- It helps in digestion and makes digestion system strong. Custard apple is highly rich in copper and fibre, which makes stool soft and helps reduces constipation.
- Custard apples are low in cholesterol and high in fibre, also have less calories. It is rich in magnesium and potassium which keeps cholesterol level in control.
- Helps in curing of a stomach ulcers. Its pulp is cool in nature and relaxes intestine. As it is rich in fibre also it forms a layer in stomach and intestine which further prevents in occurrence of stomach ulcers.
- It is rich in Vitamin B and eating of a custard apple reduces deficiency of haemoglobin and helps prevent disease of anemia. It is good for women.